Thursday, November 11, 2010

thursday thankfulness

Some bits of thankfulness for today:
  • Nana (my mom) is flying in tonight!!!  My parents live in Oklahoma, so any chance to see them is cause for a big celebration.
  • My Boy is turning 3 on Saturday!  He's such a beautiful, fun-loving and funny kid.  Definitely a bright blessing I am thankful for every day.
  • Pandora Radio.  I know I'm late on the bandwagon here, but I've recently started listening to pandora at work, and I love it!  My stations for today: Indigo Girls and Jason Mraz.  Pandora lifts my spirits when I threaten to descend into head-banging boredom.
  • Blogs.  Not my own (though I guess I am thankful for that, too), but others' creative, thoughtful, challenging, funny posts.  They are a lifeline for me sometimes.  They connect me to a wider world, challenge me to create beauty, give me hope, educate.  And sometimes they intimidate me.  But on the whole, I am thankful for the words and ideas that are shared on the blogosphere.
  • My sewing machine, which was a gift from Mom a few years ago, but only started using regularly this year.  For the first time, I have a place to keep it out on a table (in the laundry room), and it's been fun to discover the joy (and $#%@ frustration!) of creating simple things with it.
  • Time away for my husband.  Rejuvenating time that will hopefully carry through into the regular rhythm of life and work.  But now I'm also thankful he's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment