Tuesday, November 30, 2010

facebook round-up

In reverse chronological order:
  • Second- (and third- and fourth- and fifth-) guessing my decision to enroll in spring classes.
  • Me: "Do you know the most important thing about Christmas? Celebrating Jesus." C: "Do you know the most fun thing about Christmas? Opening presents!" Hard to dispute that.
  • Just saw that I can buy a "peanut butter and jelly spreader" for $9.00. Because it's too difficult to use a knife?
  • Reading historical fiction makes me very, very thankful that I live now.
  • would like to call a do-over on this day, and it's only 8:30.
  • Listening to an interview with John Dominic Crossan this morning. Sometimes I love being alone in the office!
  • I forgot to bring coffee to work. Now I have to drink the office stuff. Blech!
  • I love how J catches his breath every time there's a crash on CARS, even though he's seen it a gazillion times.
  • Just had someone tell me that I'm intimidating. In all seriousness. I'm rolling with laughter on the inside.
  • When I was about 11, I remember lying awake at night terrified that I hadn't said "the sinner's prayer" the right way when I was 8. So I said it again, trembling with fear, just to be sure I wouldn't be sent to hell. What sad burdens we can place on our children, and ourselves.
  • I have now registered for classes for the first time in years. Wondering if I've lost my mind.
  • We had a fun weekend full of family and CARS celebrating our 3-year-old!
  • Remembering 3 years ago today. Happy Birthday, My Beautiful Boy!
  • Nana is coming! Nana is coming! Nana is coming TODAY!
  • J is turning into an adamant backstreet driver: "Go, Mom, the light is green!" "Yes, but there's a car in front of me. I can't run over it." "Go, Mom!" I'm sure he's wishing we'd do a Lightning McQueen maneuver. Sometimes I wish we could, too.
  • I am ready for Brian to be home, though I'm thankful for his rejuvenating time away. We're doing fine, but our home just runs more smoothly and feels more homey with him in it.
  • finished making a birthday gift for Jeffrey with 4 days to spare! Now on to the Christmas presents...
  • J: "Strawberry Shortcake and Lemon Meringue just went splash." Me: "Oh, are they swimming?" J: "No, they're dead."
  • Made in our house today: waffles, muffins, soft pretzels, grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta. Lots of carbs today - lots of yummy, yummy carbs. It has, indeed, been a good day (and not just because of the food!).
  • I woke up to waffles already-made and pumpkin muffins being made. And the dishwasher loaded and running. Today is gonna be a good, good day!
  • Look at the curls! I thought we'd never see them again, but they came back!

  • The recycling is threatening to take over the laundry room. But now it will be a big ordeal to get it into the car. *sigh* Procrastination rears its ugly head.
  • loves the way J hugs my neck when he wants me to stay with him.
And a couple of article posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment