Friday, November 5, 2010

dance party fabulousness!

We're a big fan of dance parties at our house.  At least a couple times a week.  The new twist on the fabulousness - DARK dance parties!  With strobe flashlight, of course.  If you know me at all, you know I'm not a dancer.  I have no coordination, no sense of rhythm, no musicality.  I feel like a dork when I dance, and we all know inhibited dancers are no fun.  But with just my little family, I can be a dork to my heart's content, and they still love me!  And I can sit on the floor and laugh and laugh at the kiddoes antics.  Oh my, they're funny ones!  Such a simple thing brings such joy.  Some photos of last night's fabulousness:

 Notice our flashlight is a pig!  At least it no longer says, "Oink, oink, oioioink" every time we turn it on.

These are pictures of the fabulousness before it all went south.  The boy came up behind the girl and got hit in the eye by her flailing antics.  For a moment, we were concerned there was something truly wrong with his eye.  He was so sad and pitiful, and ended up just sitting in my lap with a washcloth on his eye for a good 15 minutes.  Though I would never ever wish any kind of pain on my kids, I must admit that it was really nice to have him just sit with me for so long.  That never happens anymore.  But he's still my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment