Thursday, November 4, 2010

facebook round-up

I got this idea from another blog - post facebook statuses in reverse chronological order.  I know this won't be interesting to any of you who are my facebook friends, but sometimes snippets of life get posted there than don't make it to the blog, and I'm thinking it might be nice to have a record of those snippets, too.  So here's my first facebook round-up:

  • C decided to act out her homework story - every single word. Hilarious! I love that girl. Good thing it was a story on frogs and not, say, tornadoes.
  • C's new hidey hole. She wants to sleep there!

  • J and C went to visit Paw-Paw at work today. Paw-paw's boss gave them more stuff (CAT swag) than we're planning to give J for his upcoming birhtday! And Christmas. Oh my goodness.
  • Bread is rising, granola bars are cooking, kids are sleeping, dishes are washed (mostly); and all done while B is at a meeting and in time for HIMYM - score! I am wonder woman tonight (it's a rare occurrence so I must celebrate).
  • I need more granola, granola bars, yogurt and bread. And eventually dinner. Methinks this afternoon will be a kitchen-y afternoon.
  • For a brief moment while playing with J this evening, I wished we could have another child. Then I came to my senses :).
  • My Girl ready for her "Day Long Ago" at school.

    
  • I got to go to the Preservation Hall/Del McCrory concert last night, thanks to the wonderful generosity of friends. It was amazing! I'm so grateful for a fun night out with my hubby.
  • I am eating another bowl of homemade yogurt and granola with frozen blueberries. My fifth bowl in 2 days. Seriously. I think I may have a problem.
  • Overheard as C was talking to some dolls: "Today we have just bread and wine to eat because it's Pentecost Saturday. Tomorrow is Pentecost Sunday, and we'll wear our fancy shoes."
  • I am missing the Dragon's fall party today :(, but gets to go to Laura Ingalls's tomorrow :).
  • I learned of a family who lost their twin boys yesterday (at around 20 weeks). I don't know this family (have only read some of the father's writings), but I can't shake a great sense of sadness today.
  • I got out of bed at 5:30 this morning to do yoga. Ignoring the fact that the boy was already awake (!) so I rushed through the poses, that makes this day a success, right?
  • I love that one of C's go-to outfits (which she must wear twice a week!) is one that I made for her. Super-simple (seamstress, I am not), but still fun to see.
  • I need to get the heck out of Dodge, even if only for a day. Good thing W & M homecoming is this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment