Tuesday, January 25, 2011

facebook round-up

In reverse chrological order:
  • Argh, Bruno Mars! You with your creepy, stalker-y song that's so dang catchy, I can't get it out of my head.
  • I want to learn to knit. Because I don't have enough projects to do?! I think I might be crazy.
  • I love C's creative vision. I do not love the breakdown that ensues when she can't figure out how to make the creative vision work.
  • I've lost the crafting mojo. I was so motivated for a while, and now ... nothin'.
  • I wish telemarketers would get to the point instead of trying to chat with me. Just tell me what you want, already!
  • At work WITH my girl due to snow day. Wonder how long that'll last! We have food, leapster and paper. Maybe that'll buy me 30 minutes?!
  • J: What's Santa's nickname? Me: I don't think he has a nickname. J: Yes he does! What's his nickname?! Me: Oh - St. Nick? J: Yes! His Nick-name! Silly mommy.
  • Snow, snow, go AWAY!!!
  • Oh, JOY Club (senior adult group), you make such tasty food, but you totally screw with my plan to eat better in the new year!
  • Happy Epiphany! May the Light shine in and through us all.
  • After eating fresh chocolate-covered pretzels and licking the bowl, C says, "This is the best day ever! Except when I got my name moved for talking. But that's OK [usually this induces hysterical crying] because time-out with A and A was fun! We pretended we were watching a TV show." Mrs. B could be in trouble now that she's realized there's no incentive not to talk!
  • Even better than C's good report: The doctors were able to remove ALL of M's tumor (this was unexpected) - yay!!! Prayers continue for her recovery.
  • C's hip is OK. Still a little inward-facing (she can move her legs to crazy angles), but nothing that requires intervention, and it will probably improve with age. We'll check again in a couple more years. Thanks for the prayers!
  • We're taking Claire to UVA today to have her hip check-up. It should be routine, but I'm ridiculously nervous. Would appreciate prayers for that, too.
  • ‎3-year-old M is having surgery this morning to remove an abdominal neuroblastoma following 6 rounds of chemo. Please pray for her and her mom and dad, J and Mo. (Brian and I went to seminary with Mo.)
  • B told the kids that they needed to clean up the playroom because Santa doesn't like to trip over toys - now it's spotless! Too bad Santa doesn't come at least once a week. And yes, I know Santa visited most of you on the 25th, but since we were out-of-town, we asked him to come to our house on the 30th, and he was very obliging.
  • One more morning of work and then the travel begins. Woohoo!!! So excited to see S tonight (now, if only she were on facebook and could read that), but sorry we'll miss N :(.
  • Wow, sometimes it is really hard being 3.
  • At the office while everyone else is at home. It's gonna be a long morning.
  • Snow. *sigh*
  • I have officially withdrawn from classes for next semester. Oh well, no tests and papers and lectures for me - woohoo!
  • The internet can be a ridiculous time-sucker and distraction, but it can also be a lifeline. Today, I am thankful for it.
  • So glad this weekend is almost over. Thinking maybe I'd better go to bed right now rather than give it anymore chances to screw with me.
  • J update: other than the fact that he looks like someone punched him in the mouth and he sounds a little funny, he's doing just fine this morning. Acting like his normal little self and making me nervous bashing about.
  • J is eating cookies and milk for dinner. Since we just spent 3 hours in the ER and he now has 6 stitches in his lip (there was an inch-wide slash all the way through it - ewww), I'm going to call this good parenting.
  • Wondering if it's worth braving Kroger to get egg nog.
  • Got 6 zhu-zhu pets for $7.34! Score! I feel proud, and I don't even like zhu-zhu pets (really, how ridiculous are they? almost as bad as squinkies).
  • C has been asking about what it means to be Jewish. I tried to explain it in a simple, respectful, affirming way that she could understand. Then a few days later she says to me, "When I was a baby, I was a little bit Jewish because I knew the One True God but I didn't know about Jesus." Apparently, my explanation was lacking.
  • Finding it hard to limit TV-watching when we're cooped up inside. Bad mom.
  • Gearing myself up to be a Scrooge widow this week.
  • I went to my first ever Christmas parade last night (yes, ever). Despite the fact that I thought my toes would fall off, I'm glad it was last night and not tonight! Snow already - sheesh.
  • One good thing about caring very little about my hair: When the stylist cuts it a good 3 inches shorter than I expected, it's no big deal.
  • I drove to work today in front on someone talking on the phone while smoking while driving. Impressive or scary?
  • C is singing her homework story today. Butterflies have never been so exciting. No boring homework around here!
  • The microwave popcorn industry is diabolically genius. Turns out, all you gotta do is put kernels in a paper bag (with whatever seasoning you want), tape it, and microwave it. I might actually eat popcorn now!
  • Some Christmas elves and busy, busy, busy at our house! The question is, will they get it all done in time??

No comments:

Post a Comment