Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our Week in Pictures

Chuck-E-Cheese bling!  Bright One has been angling to go to C-E-C for weeks now, and she finally got her chance on Tuesday, when B took a group of church kids (all older than her) and she got to tag along.  She was so excited! 
As far as she remembers, she'd never been to C-E-C before.  Actually, the one other time she went, she was almost 2, and it was the day I found out about having a hole in my heart.  I'll never think of C-E-C without remembering it.

Bright One and I finished the first Boxcar Children book.  I think I loved it almost as much this time as I did the first time I read it (at age 7?), maybe more.
And then she made her own boxcar (with a little help) - pink, of course!

Sweet One continues to become more and more his own little man, full of sweet silliness.
He's so much fun these days, but also definitely two!  And potty-training (note the elmo undies!) has certainly brought out his stubborn side. 

More dance parties, this time with head-banging hair!
And still lots of Justin Bieber.  "I want Justin Bieber...I want to hear 'Baby!'" - as heard from The Boy!  I think he's more obsessed than The Girl right now.  And I love to hear him try to sing along. 
Then there's always, "Take my picture, Mommy; take my picture!"

We ended the week with a new-to-us china cabinet (from B's mom).  It's not exactly my style (too many curlicues), but it's a good, solid piece of furniture that now gives us more storage room in our dining room ... for art supplies!  I'm debating whether to try to cover the glass with something so it's not quite so tacky, but it's so convenient to see what we have and get some of those piles out of the floor!

And finally, some sprinkler and water gun fun:


And then B & I actually went out to dinner - just the 2 of us!  An entirely too-rare event.  It was nice.  And we ate lots of meat - also a rare event for us in our nearly-vegetarian home :).

No comments:

Post a Comment