Tuesday, September 14, 2010

our weekend in pictures

I haven't taken as many pictures in the last couple of weeks (I overloaded on birthday pics!), but I finally pulled out the camera some this weekend.

Here's my Young Reader reading to my Younger Listener.  It blows my mind how much she can read already.  No Dick and Jane for her.

Here are some soccer pics (full disclosure - these were actually taken last weekend by My Man, but pictures from this Saturday would look similar!):
The Girl is in Soccer School rather than on a Soccer Team (because it never occurred to me back in the spring that we needed to sign her up so early! - but we like this format better anyway).  Much of what they do is play silly games:

Some backyard basketball with Paw-Paw and Daddy:
 

And some silliness with Carina (a sprinkler which the kiddoes treat like a big doll!):
And some general silliness:

Paw-Paw took us to his gym, which has a great indoor pool and splashyard area.  The kids had a blast:

Not pictured:  We dug a flower bed in our front yard - yay!  I say "we," but My He-Man did the large bulk of the work!  One thing I liked about our older home when we moved in was that there are a number of mature bushes and the yard is very low-maintenance.  One thing I didn't like was that there was absolutely nowhere to plant anything new unless we dug up sod.  Which we finally did (and wow, is that a lot of work).  So now we have an area to plant the tulip bulbs that My Girl got for her birthday from Grams, and He-Man already planted a few perennials, though we'll need to plant some more in the spring.  It's nice to have it started, and hopefully we can keep it up.  I love plants but have very little experience with them, so wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment