Friday, September 3, 2010

first day of preschool!

My Boy started preschool for the first time this week!  He's in a sweet little 2-year-old class (only 5 kids).  And he was ready to go.  Not excited, exactly (because really, how was he to know what he was getting into?), but ready. 

It's one of my great sadnesses that I have missed so much time with My Boy during his toddler years because I had to start an every day job.  And so I struggled with tears yesterday - not because he's starting school but because I missed it.  I didn't get to walk him to class or pick him up after his first day.  But....  But, but, but... I am still very thankful.  I am thankful that he has been with a great sitter who cares for him.  I am thankful that he is growing into a sweet, confident little boy who goes happily off to a new class and comes home with a smile on his face and singing new songs.  I am thankful that he has great preschool teachers who will love him (and say he was the chattiest one in class!  This is amazing, as he's usually chatty only at home).  I am thankful that he gets to go off to school with his dad (who is the preschool director).  I am thankful that my job gives us the money to pay for preschool.  So while I sit here with tears running down my face, I am still very thankful for so much.

Here's my beautiful boy on our front steps just before leaving for school (taken by his dad with his camera phone because I stupidly took the real camera with me to work - argh!):

Here he is showing off his new Lightning McQueen (his obsession right now) backpack.  This was the only Lightning McQueen I could fine, and really looks more like a Snot Rocket backpack (ugh).  Oh well, he still loves it:

Here he is walking into preschool:

Notice he's not wearing his backpack on his back anymore - refused:
And notice how much the stoop outside the church looks just like the stoop at our house!

Here he is putting up his backpack in his classroom (going too fast for a good picture!):

Yay for a brand-new Preschooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment