Friday, September 24, 2010

Oklahoma!

The kiddoes and I went to Oklahoma to visit my parents for a few days.  A couple people have asked me, "Did you drive?"  Hah!!  No way!  It's hard enough to fly.  2 days of driving each way would definitely tip me into the looney bin :).  The plane ride was frustrating at times, but not awful.  Thanks to my parents, we have a new portable DVD player, which is a HUGE help.  I also recommend lots of books, snacks, and special toys (cars and a teddy bear, in our case).  I took art supplies, too, but we never used them.  Despite some frustrating airport delays, the airline personnel were all very kind and helpful (we were moved to different rows twice in order to make the flight easier). 

Our time in Oklahoma was great.  Restful, fun, definitely worth it.  Here are some pictures of our time:

My dad took My Girl to her very first amusement park - a small one in Oklahoma City.  She was ecstatic!

Somewhat to our surprise, her absolute favorite ride was the "Wild Kitty" roller-coaster.  It wasn't that long ago that such a thing, even a kid-sized thing, would have terrified her.  But she told me excitedly, "I rode it 12 times!"  Dad says it was more like 20 times, and with her hands up in the air (though this picture doesn't show it):

Reading with Nana (she got Nana to read the entire Boxcar Children book to her!):

Peering down from the balcony:

Playing outside on the swing:

Our Little Dinosaur:

When we were getting ready to leave, I pulled out a scale to weigh our suitcase (only 50 lbs. allowed - and that can be hard with 3 people's stuff plus gifts! - and it still costs $50 with baggage fees, grrrr).  The kiddoes played with that thing for a good 30 minutes, weighing everything they could find!

Not pictured:  Swimming in the neighborhood pool.  In Oklahoma, it's still plenty hot enough that the pool was plenty warm enough, even in the morning. 

Our visit was too short, of course, but it was a good break for us.  We are blessed with wonderful family.


No comments:

Post a Comment