Saturday, September 4, 2010

a fall day!

Ahhhh... it feels like fall!  I'm sure it won't last, but boy, am I lovin' it while it does!  Except for the allergy issues, fall is definitely my favorite time of year.  I'm not a summer-lover.  So the promise of cooler days with more time outside makes my heart sing.  Though spring is supposed to be the time of new life, it's fall that makes me feel that way.  Maybe because of how our lives revolve around school schedules.  It's a new year with new hope and new (or renewed) dreams.  The cooler days give me more energy and renew my spirit.  And really, it needed to be renewed. 

Today has been a lovely day.  Nothing big.  Just little loveliness.  Time spent with a new friend.  Time spent with my family.  Time spent outside.  Pizza pockets and playdough.  Books and a walk.  Dancing and running in circles (in a good way).  Some potty-training success.  Rest. 

Today is the kind of day when I really feel blessed.  I don't just know it; I feel it.  In the depths of my soul.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment