Monday, October 25, 2010

Williamsburg!

The fam and I took a quick trip to Williamsburg for William & Mary's homecoming (my husband's alma mater).  It was wild and exhausting, as I knew it would be - a long car ride for a short stay with lots and lots of people converging on the same small town - but it was worth it.  Sometimes it's good to get out of Dodge for a breath of new air.  Despite the crazy condo neighbors (complaining about our kids at 7:30 pm - really?!), it was good to stay with friends, and the weather was perfect.  It was a beautiful fall weekend to spend some time in a beautiful Williamsburg.  What a place to go to school!

Here are some pictures from our trip:

Our little helper on the way to the Sunken Garden (which is not a garden - it's a lawn)

Daddy in awe of his alma mater.  The kids still skeptical!

A someday Griffin?

Silliness after a Dog Street Chill (much of the wonder of Williamsburg is the food!):

"I'm so tired, my arms and legs hurt."

Horses!

The kiddoes did not like the idea of putting their head in the stocks, but Daddy will do anything!

Colonial Williamsburg has some awesome trees:

We ended our time in Williamsburg with a (brief!) collapse in the grass.  Soakin' it all in:

Not pictured:  anything from the homecoming parade.  I forgot to bring the camera!  It's a silly little parade, but oh, so fun for the kiddoes (and adults).

We had a good day in Williamsburg.  Next time, I think we'll try to go at a time other than homecoming when the crowds aren't so severe and maybe the kids will appreciate the historical significance more.  But it was a bright day of fun, reminding me what a wonderful blessing my family is.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Looks like y'all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when we were there! I didn't figure we'd see you soon enough to get you some ginger cakes :).

    ReplyDelete