Tuesday, October 26, 2010

tuesday triumphs

Some small triumphs for today (or the last couple of days):
  • Getting up at 5:30 (or a little later) for yoga!  This doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like, but it does happen 2 or 3 times a week.  That's progress, at least.
  • The girl rode her bike up and down our rode (including the hills) by herself!  OK, so she still has training wheels, but she has always been extra-nervous about new physical ventures.  Dare-devil she is not.  So it was wonderful to walk behind her as she took off on her own without yelling in fear at me to "hold on to me, don't let go!" 
  • Using fewer diapers/pull-ups for the boy.  With fewer accidents.  Our bank account rejoices.
  • Getting back into the bread- and yogurt-making groove.  I missed it.  Now maybe today I can pull together some granola and granola bars (the homemade kind is so much better than the store-bought kind, which I don't really like).
  • Renewed dance party fever!  Last night we even turned off the lights and threw in a flashlight disco ball.  A little overwhelming, but oh, so fun.
  • Clearing off the kitchen counter a bit.  Only a bit, but I must rejoice in the small steps.
  • A completed bonnet and apron for my girl, which I made for the Christmas Scrooge musical at church, but it turns out she also needs such a thing for her "life long ago" day at school this week.  2 uses from one outfit - score!

4 comments:

  1. I would love your granola recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    There are 2 granola bar recipes I loosely use (leaving out what I don't have or want):
    Nut-free: http://www.anotherlunch.com/2010/05/recipe-chocolate-chip-granola-bites.html

    With peanut butter: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Chewy-Granola-Bars/Detail.aspx (except I use honey instead of corn syrup)

    As for granola, I'm not as experienced with that, but here's a recipe I like for pumpkin pie granola (leaving out the pumpkin also works just fine): http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/recipes/pumpkin-pie-granola/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, blogspot lets me read other people's blogs (well, mostly yours!) Glad to hear the little one is branching out with the bike. Hope her bro goes well with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, what? Why could you not read blogs? I was just catching up on yours this morning. Wish I could pay you to scrapbook for me :)! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete