Wednesday, October 6, 2010

fall is here!

Summer has finally gone - woohoo!  There are many reasons I love the fall - cooler weather, beautiful trees, great food, a restful feeling.  The fall is not actually restful.  There's so much stuff packed into it, but somehow as Mother Nature prepares to sleep for a while, that sense of calm seeps a bit (a little bit!) into my psyche. 

And so today I am thankful for the following fall blessings:
  • homemade apple butter
  • Halloween decorations
  • long-sleeve shirts
  • pumpkin baking
  • soon-to-be changing leaves
  • a school willing to address My Girl's difficulties, even when they don't seem that difficult in comparison to the challenges of some others
  • a newly-sewn fall outfit for My Girl (very simple, but still handmade)
  • lots more outside time
  • the sweet excitement of My Boy in preschool
  • soup
  • a newly painted kitchen and bedroom (good-bye navy blue walls - blech!)
  • the smell of cinnamon and spice
  • fingers tingly from the cold
  • visiting friend and homecoming plans
  • hope
Here are a few pictures in honor of the new season:

And because he's just so cute:

May this new season bring you a measure of joy and peace!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so happy for fall too. It's nice to take a minute and think about all the things I have to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder of all the wonderful things of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, "Mommy" (yes, I used quotes!). I know your life definitely isn't restful right now, but I hope this season brings you a bit more sleep along with the beautiful blessing of a growing family!

    ReplyDelete