Sunday, August 15, 2010

seven for sunday

I don't think I took a single picture this past week.  It was one of those weeks where I had to really make myself notice what is good and lovely so as not to allow the ickiness to drown out the loveliness.  Because there was loveliness, in small and big ways.

7 bright spots from this past week:
  • My Girl had a date with a wonderful woman from church who has taken My Girl into her heart.  They went out to dinner, did some jewelry shopping, and got ice cream!  Which makes my heart melt.  My Girl was so excited.  I just love that this wonderful friend has embraced My Girl's quirkiness and encourages her and makes her feel special. 
  • Back-to-school shopping is almost finished.  Just one small coin purse to go!  And school is almost here.  It'll be nice to get back into that routine.
  • My Girl was invited to go with a friend to their pool (a huge treat for her), and apparently she swam through the legs of her friend's mother!  Not a big feat for many her age, I know, but it wasn't that long ago that she was terrified of water, and she's still not a natural fish, so this is big for her! 
  • Snuggling with My Boy.  The Girl wasn't snuggly at all at his age, so I am appreciative that he is.
  • Snuggling with My Girl.  Note above, but around the age of 3 1/2 (when she was taking OT and ST for her SPD) something in her switched.  And these days, she is VERY snuggly.  She is always wanting to hug and give kisses and sit in my lap.  Frankly, sometimes it drives me crazy!  But on the whole, I am very thankful.
  • A Man who mows the grass and does the laundry!  I have never mowed grass in my life (not very feminist of me, I know) and I do very little laundry at our house.  I do most of the kitchen work (except for Saturday morning waffles...mmmm), but almost none of the laundry.  Which works for me! 
  • Finally finding black sandals that I can wear to work and are still comfortable (but don't break the bank).  This seems silly, I know.  But I HATE shoe shopping, and I'm very picky about shoes, but can't buy really expensive ones.  So it's taken me months to finally find something that will work and make my feet happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment