Saturday, August 21, 2010

Our Week in Pictures

This was a special week for us.  My Man took the whole week off while I worked just half of the week.  We took a short trip to visit some special friends and went to a couple of nearby museums for a mini-staycation.  It was a great break for us, and I think we all feel better now as we're about to enter the schoolyear.  Which starts Monday!  Oh My!

We began the week with a trip to the VA Museum of Transportation:





Then we visited our friends, who have kids the same age as our kids.  They play remarkably well together!  While visiting, we picked some very yummy blueberries and got some gardening lessons:






And we ended our staycation with a trip to Amazement Square (a great children's museum in Lynchburg).  Here's My Girl on the zip line:

My Boy at his favorite spot:

Playing with boats:



And jumping silliness on squishy mats:



Some moments not pictured:
  • First Grade Open House:  We met My Girl's new teacher and found her new desk (up in front right by the teacher's desk!).
  • Dinner with local friends who also have a 2-year-old boy, so much of the evening was spent refereeing the fights over Lightning McQueen and Thomas :). 
  • Parent's Night Out tonight.  Which means My Man and I get to end our week with something sans kids - heavenly!
  • My Man body-slamming the bathroom door because The Girl locked herself inside and couldn't get out. 
It's been an eventful week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the shirt the Man is wearing in the Lynchburg pics! Go Duke!

    ReplyDelete