Thursday, August 25, 2011

thursday thankfulness

  • Mom is here! To watch The Boy during this first week of school because his school doesn't start until after Labor Day.
  • My Girl loves, loves, LOVES her second grade teacher, even if she was initially disappointed that she didn't get "the man teacher" because, as she says, "I've had woman teachers my whole life!"
  • My own classes seem manageable...so far. The real workload hits next week so maybe I'll be singing a different tune then, but for now, I'm feeling OK about the juggling for this semester.
  • Facebook has a "hide" feature, which I may have to use liberally during the election season.
  • My Boy's shaggy hair that curls when he gets hot.
  • Food in the freezer.
  • A flexible workplace.
  • Some cooler weather.
  • Beginning a new adventure outside of the church.
  • A textbook that I actually find interesting.
  • Living in a home, not a dorm.
  • Being a "mature" (not old) student.
  • A Man who does the laundry.
  • Kids who run to me when I walk in the door.
I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment