Wednesday, August 31, 2011

overwhelmed, but...

I am officially overwhelmed. Classes have now kicked into full gear, and I'm wondering how it will all get done on time, particularly since I am no spring chicken and cannot work past 10:00 p.m. Yesterday there was a student mixer (how is it that I am involved in "mixers" again??) with the 1st and 2nd year OTA students (my program), and the 2nd year students kept lamenting about how much harder the first year gets, though the 2nd year is supposed to be better! Um...not helpful. Thanks.

BUT...I am pleasantly surprised at how much I like the program I've chosen. I picked it because I was interested in it, but also just because I needed to become certified in something that would give me better job prospects, and I had to choose something I could study locally. There actually aren't very many OTA programs, so I'm fortunate that one of them is in Roanoke, because so far, my occupational therapy classes make me excited that I chose this path. Though I am unable to see how school and job and family are all going to play out, I am genuinely excited about becoming an occupational therapist.

It's gonna be a rough 2 years, but also a hopeful 2 years. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment