Wednesday, May 9, 2012

and so it goes...

Yesterday NC Amendment One passed, much to no one's surprise, but to many's great sadness. I shed some tears and said some prayers for those I know (and don't know) who are affected by this. Stating the obvious here, but the majority is not always right, and sometimes they are very, very wrong. **

Sometimes the road seems too long and the way too rocky, but a facebook friend reminded me (sometimes fb has its uses!):

"The moral arc of the universe, though it is long, bends toward justice."
 - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Though justice sometimes seems so far away (particularly when we can't even agree on what it is), sometimes it is closer than you expect, like here.

Love will win in the end. This I believe.


** I know there are good people who disagree with me about this issue. I don't doubt their goodness, but I do believe they're wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment