Wednesday, February 15, 2012

valentines day

Valentine's Day this year was not romantic (it never is for us). It wasn't a lot of fun (tired, whiny kids). It wasn't restful (major presentation in class). It wasn't even well (been coughing - and not sleeping - for a week now). It was a day when I was feeling very tired (see previous sentence) and kinda lonely (missing friendship). It was definitely not a Hallmarkian day.

BUT...
  • My Man made me a card and gave me chocolate.
  • I was able to surprise My Girl by showing up for her school Valentine's party, and she gave me big hugs and lots of smiles.
  • My presentation went OK.
  • My Girl made 16 Valentines by cutting and glueing hearts onto cardstock - all of them containing a note of at least 2 sentences plus a picture (different picture for every card). I didn't ask her to do this. She decided it all on her own. She was, of course, the only kid in her class to handmake valentines.
  • My Man found 2 gift cards we didn't know we had, so we had a restaurant dinner and didn't have to cook.
  • My Boy snuggled with me throughout dinner.
  • Both kiddoes managed to pick out a couple of new, small toys with their Valentine's money from the grandparents. It was quite the ordeal to choose, but they both ended up with toys they enjoy. Learning the value of money.
  • I did no schoolwork at all in the evening and instead watched silly sitcoms and snuggled with My Man.
It was not a Hallmarkian day, but it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment