Wednesday, January 11, 2012

it has begun

It has begun.

The semester from hell, that is. At least, that's my fear. If it's not that actually that bad, then I can only be pleasantly surprised, right?

I got up (at 5:30!) with a sense of dread this morning. I am not ready for this. I am not prepared for the sheer number of hours I will be in class. Or the lack of hours I will be at work. Or the papers. Or the studying. Or the care my child needs. Or the wedding I am so excited about (not mine, obviously!). I have all these plans for this semester (organize! care! socialize! date! fun!), and it all seems so impossible.

If anyone tries to quote that "All things are possible..." verse at me, I will not be held responsible for my response! Because I'm pretty sure Paul would not care one lick about my scheduling issues, and he'd probably say something to me that would make me want to smack him upside his head. And really, I should not smack a saint, right? That's not good mojo. I NEED good mojo right now.

This semester is four months long. I'll survive four months of madness, but I hope I'll do more than survive. I want to dance. This life is wild and precious, and I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment