Wednesday, March 7, 2012

happy birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 3-7.

Some birthday goodness:
  • My Man made brown sugar peach pancakes (with local peaches we had frozen last summer) for breakfast - delicious!
  • He also made lasagna for dinner (my request - it's what I always requested growing up). Also delicious!
  • AND he made my most favorite cake ever - a chocolate sheet cake that is the recipe my mom uses. I don't actually care for cake much...usually...but this one is awesome! Because it's more like a brownie than a cake :).
  • I am on Spring Break this week, so I did absolutely no schoolwork.
  • Facebook helps you feel loved on your birthday :).
  • The Boy and I cleaned the playroom. I know, I know...that's not a fun birthday task. But if you'd seen the playroom, you would realize how wonderful it feels to have it clean! And at The Boy's request, we brought back in the kitchen playset that was sitting in the garage (we'd put it there when the kiddoes stopped playing with it). It's like they have a brand-new toy!
  • A box of clothing goodies from my mom.
  • A haircut. (thanks to the gift card from my mother-in-law, it was a real haircut, not a Supercuts one)
  • A beautiful story about A Pastor and A President (Joel Hunter & President Obama) that showed we can love each other across political lines.
  • Happy Birthday e-mails and phone calls.
  • Some sweet presents from the family.
    • First, the above picture from My Girl (it's a BIG picture), and on the back is written: "Dear Mom, Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you enjoyed your day and the picture. I bet you liked the cake that Dad, J, and I made. I know how our family means to you. And I hope that meaning never changes. Love, C."
    • Second, My Man asked the kiddoes a series of questions about me and recorded their answers (I had done this for him for Christmas). This is one of my most favorite birthday presents ever. Some of the best responses:
      • What was Mommy like as a child?
        • C: As far as I know, she really liked Sweet Pea (her stuffed cat that was mine when I was a kid).
        • J: I forgot because that was a long time ago.
      • How old is Mommy?
        • C: 36. No, 37! Just write 37! (my girl likes to be right)
        • J: I don't know. Is she 7 like C? I meant 17!
      • What is Mommy not very good at?
        • C: Making me clean up.
        • J: You just have to tell me because I don't know. Knocking on the door?
      • What is Mommy's favorite food?
        • C: Uhhhhhhhhhh...a lot. (?!? I don't think I pig out around her!)
        • J: Carrots
      • If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
        • C: Sally...no, wait, the Huntress...no wait, uh, what's the guy from Home Improvement (My Man: "Tim Taylor?") Yes! Tim Taylor's wife! Because she's serious. (and a cartoon character??)
        • J: Thomas...if you pretend he's a girl.
      • What is something Mommy always says to you?
        • C: You are my special girl.
        • J: I love you.
It was a good day. As a friend on facebook said yesterday...Yay, Me, for being born!

No comments:

Post a Comment