Friday, June 10, 2011

down, mama bear

Update on the softball situation: 

I should've pointed out in my last softball post that the games in which I watched My Girl ask her coaches for a chance at pitcher, her head coach was not there.  He was out of town for the week so it was assistant coaches who were running the game.  Assistants who are nice but more intense and stern than the head coach. 

This week the head coach was back.  And My Girl played pitcher in both games this week!  She even got to play first base once, though she had a hard time remembering she was supposed to actually cover the base :).  And in both games, she played infield positions the entire game.  No outfield at all. 

And I had never said a word to anyone.

Sometimes being quiet pays off.

This will be the last year My Girl has this particular coach.  I think I'm going to miss him.  He's been very kind and patient with my funny one.  She's ending the season on a high note, feeling good about herself and her team.  I am proud at how she improved this season.  I am proud at how she continued to play even when she was discouraged.  I am proud that she made a thank you card for her coach after her first game as pitcher.  And I am most proud of the fact that during every game, on the field and on the bench, she cheered for her teammates, jumping up and down for them in great encouragement.  She is My Bright One.

No comments:

Post a Comment