Friday, May 20, 2011

friday food for the soul

A few things bright for this day:
  • Eating some of our fresh produce from our first CSA delivery!  Love, love, love it.  It may be a little more expensive than buying the cheap stuff at the grocery, but not much.  And it's all organic and local.  And it means we have a bounty of fresh veges each week that we must eat or freeze because we can't waste such goodness!  Worth it. 
  • Date Night!  The Man and I are going out for dinner and a movie tonight.  Watch me swoon :).  Though we've gone out to dinner occasionally (very occasionally), I can't remember the last time the two of us went to a movie by ourselves.  And we're going to see Bridesmaids.  I also can't remember the last time I was so excited about seeing a particular movie!  The Man, now, he's excited about much different movies all the time (Thor, Pirates, Transformers, etc.), but for once our interest converges.  It's a good, good day :).
  • And to top it all off, tomorrow my Beautiful Friend L is coming from Chicago!!!  I feel I am using too many exclamation points in this post, but really, right now they perfectly express the giddiness I feel.  My sweet sister-in-law is also putting in a visit this weekend.  It's a wonderful, magnificent storm of a weekend!
Now if I can just get the house clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment